Search This Blog

Friday 17 July 2015

The Book Fangirling Award


Before I begin, I wish to thank the beautiful Carrie, one of my many blogger friends, for nominating me! It always makes me feel loved that I'm a decent enough blogger to actually get noticed when there seems to be so many better blogs out there. Anyone who knows me in real life knows I completely overreact whenever a new book comes out (cough cough Every Last Breath cough cough) or even when the newest episode of my favourite TV show comes out (right now Supernatural is my obession;)) Anyway, I'm rambling, so I'll just say that I know that even when real life people don't understand my fangirling, all my online friends and fellow bloggers just nod their heads solemnly in complete and utter understanding. And I love you all so much for that! So let's go!


1. Why did you start blogging?


I'd been writing reviews of all my favourite books for a while and posting them on Goodreads, but it didn't have the same impact as posting as something that belonged to solely me and no one else. Once I finished college for the summer I knew this was the time for the blog that was circulating in my head to come to life! And I love it more than ever, as well as all the amazing people I've met through this blog, even though I only started in May. You guys make it all worth it.


2. What is your favourite book of 2015 and why?


Ooh, this is a hard one. Can I pick more than one? I've actually had an amazing book year so far, (fingers crossed) and have loved so many books this year. There was The Ruby Circle, the finale in the Bloodlines series (one of my all time favourite series) and Red Queen, which I wasn't expecting to love so much. Also: Infernal Devices, Throne of Glass, Blood of Eden series... Seriously, I could list so many books here that I loved but that would make this tag REALLY long, lol! 


3. Have you ever done anything embarrassing while fangirling?


Luckily I've never done anything publicly humiliating while fangirling.The worst really is start squealing super high-pitched in a book store when I see my favourite book is released (The Ruby Circle for instance) and have a bunch of people stare at me. I can get over that though, as they'll never know the joy of having that agonising wait be over!


4. What was the book that got you into reading?


Like many before me, I fell into the Twi-hard fan base and really went all out for the books, the teams, the movies, everything. I re-read those books a million times, bought all the Team Edward t-shirts/jewellery, and was the first in line at the cinema proudly wearing all that Team Edward stuff. From then on, whether it was The Host by Stephenie Meyer or the Lux series by JLA, no book series was safe from me.


5. Who is your book boyfriend(s)?


Really? I don't know a single blogger who can answer just one boyfriend for this question. How can we when there are so many amazing potential book boyfriends to choose from? While in real life I am wholly single, in bookland, I'm a total cheater. Don't blame me; blame the authors for making such amazing boys!
The boys I will choose are:

  1. Daemon (Lux series)
  2. Roth (Dark Elements series)
  3. Adrian (VA/Bloodlines series)
  4. Kaidan (Sweet Trilogy)
  5. Jackal (Blood of Eden series)
  6. Chaol (Throne of Glass series)
Believe me, I could choose waaay more, but again, this would be a dangerously long tag! 

Questions:
What's your favourite thing about blogging?
Which book series do you fangirl over the most?
Who's your favourite person to fangirl with?
What series got you into reading?
Which book character do you love to hate?

Nominees:
Kristelle @ amiabooklover
Nicola @ Nicola Reads YA


Rules:
Create a post to accept your award.
Add the blog award button to your post and attach to your blog.
Answer the questions above.
Nominate 5-10 bloggers for this award.
Create 5 questions for the nominees.
Link me to your post so I can see the answers.
Most important: HAVE FUN!


4 comments:

  1. Haha, I was part of the Twi-hard fandom too! It was what got me into reading, and I have absolutely no shame about it. Seriously, if it wasn't for that series, I wouldn't be such an avid reader, and we probably wouldn't even be friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I bet the Twi-hard fandom brought so many book soulmates together! I'm totally thankful to them for that, and for opening up my inner booknerd and letting her voice be heard :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Yeah, Team Edward. I remember even having the board game for those movies...
    I'm sorry to inform you that Daemon is taken and hidden where no one can find him but me :P lol. I'm awful aren't I? ;)
    Every last breath is gonna be amazing though! I can't wait! Layla and Roth must end up together or I'll be left a sobbing mess for weeks.
    Great answers! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daemon thief! How dare you! In that case I'm taking Roth lol ;) Oh stop it's so close! Waiting for Every Last Breath will slowly kill me haha

      Delete

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x