Search This Blog

Friday 14 August 2015

90's Movies Book Tag!

Hey everyone! I was nominated by Erika from Books, Stars, Writing and Everything In Between and Caroline from Just Another Bookish Blog to do this tag! Thanks so much :)

She's All That:


Name a Book Couple that you think are an odd pairing, yet still fit perfectly together.

I think we can all agree that Adrian and Sydney from Bloodlines by Richelle Mead practically created the term "opposites attract". When I first saw them together, a pairing didn't even occur to me, they were so different. But now? They're my OTP, and I love everything about them. You know they're going to be together forever :)

Things I Hate About You: 


a book/series you have a love/hate relationship with.

I'm going to say the Abandon trilogy by Meg Cabot. I loved this first book in this series, tolerated the second, and read the third just for closure purposes. I won't be reading that book series again. The characters are very annoying and quite childish and a really bad retelling of the Hades-and-Persephone myth.

Clueless:


 a character that is totally clueless, but you love them anyways.

Feyre from A Court of Thorn & Roses by Sarah J. Maas was totally clueless about Tamlin's love for her or the true meaning behind the curse. But you can't help but love her anyway!

Titanic:


a book that made you cry.

The ending of Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead really got to me. You knew something was coming, and you hoped it wasn't what it was going to be but... ahh! Just thinking about it is making me tear up.

American Pie:


a book that made you laugh.

Alice In Zombieland by Gena Showalter. Ali, the main character, had me laughing the whole book!

Can't Hardly Wait: 


a book with a crazy party.

I'm going the same way as Erika by saying The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. I think Magnus Bane would great to party with!

Cruel Intentions:


 name a character you could never fully trust.

Seth from the Covenant series by Jennifer L Armentrout. I'm on book four of this series right now, and poor Seth is making some very silly decisions. I want to trust him but...

Drive Me Crazy:


name your favourite "boy next door" or "girl next door" couple.

Daemon and Katy from the Lux series, obviously, but I'm reading a contemporary romance (My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick) which has a next door couple in the form of Jase and Samantha!

Scream:


a book with a memorable villain.

Levana from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer is a GREAT villain! She's the right mix of evil while also making you love just how evil she is.

The Craft:


a book with witches.

Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas as a witch called Manon Buckbeak who has a subplot in the overall book. Can't wait to see more of her in Queen of Shadows!

I'd like to tag these lovely people:

Rachel from Paper Cuts

And anyone else who feels like doing it! :)

11 comments:

  1. Loved these answers! I completely agree with you on Alice in Zombieland. Ali is just such a fun character to read about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to read the sequel, I miss her :)

      Delete
  2. OMG I love this tag! It combines movie love and book love! Plus I maybe have most of these movies ;) I agree about Sydney and Adrian. The first book it never occurred to me but then when it hit it was like wow how could I see it any other way. Also flipped out over Shadow Kissed. I was thinking eventually it would happen but after such a perfect moment...glad all books were out when I read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm so glad someone agrees with me about Sydrian! I absolurely adore them :) Do this tag if you haven't already, I'd love to see your answers!

      Delete
    2. Haha yes I think I might do it!

      Delete
  3. Here is my response:
    http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/2015/08/90s-movies-book-tag.html
    Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome answers!!! I haven't read them all but I've heard about them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million! This tag was so fun to do :D

      Delete
  5. Hi Sinead! I tagged you for the Book Cover Guessing Challenge! ☺

    I would love to see your post, so feel free to put your link on my comment box section. Looking forward to seeing it soon. Here's the link: Book Cover Guessing Challenge.

    Have fun! :D

    A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Fiona! Can't wait to do it :D

      Delete

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x