Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 May 2015

My Love Lies Bleeding (Drake Chronicles, #1)

Book: My Love Lies Bleeding by Alexandra Harvey
Series: Drake Chronicles, #1
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Release Date: January 1st 2010

Rating: 3 stars


While I liked this book, there was one thing that kept niggling at me - which was that the romances between Lucy and Nicholas and Solange and Kieran were kinda forced. The romance between Lucy and Nick was more believable anyway - I didn't get the Kieran-Solange matching at all. I mean, first he's the enemy, then he saves her life, then somehow he's totally in love with her at the end and is the reason she survived the bloodchange. Nuh-uh. Not believable. 

I liked the rest of the book. This idea of vampires being born instead of made and how having a human as a best friend instead of falling in love with one (cliché!) is very creative which I really enjoyed. Not the best vampire series I've read, but not the worst either. 3 stars. Completely average.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x