Search This Blog

Thursday 20 August 2015

13605723

Book: Sentinel, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Covenant series #5
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Release Date: November 2nd, 2013

Rating: 5 stars

It’s a beautiful day for a war.

Well everyone, we made it. The finale. The epic conclusion of good-vs-evil is upon us, and did Jen deliver us a kick-ass ending? You bet she did! It had all the action, romance and snarky comments you come to expect from this series with an ending nobody saw coming.

Alex had just gotten her ass handed by Ares, the God of War. While she is mending physically on the outside, the scars she received on the inside are refusing to fade as easily. After wishing for death during her battle with Ares, she’s afraid this has made her weak and less of a warrior. Aiden is doing his best to help her, but this is a battle must fight with herself.

“Some people say when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But when life gives you one seriously ticked off god gunning for your ass, you prepare for war and you hope for paradise.” -Alex (Alexandria) Andros

Ares is still planning on taking over the world and he has a huge army at his fingertips – made up of halfs, pures and mortals, all under his compulsion to do what he likes. He won’t stop until he has complete control over everything. The only way he can be stopped is for Alex to become the God Killer and take him out. Alex and Aiden have many people on their side (the Army of Awesomeness), but this is still a war, and a war is not without its casualties.  However, our army has one more surprising member on their team – Seth!

Our favourite Apollyon is back, and oh how I missed him. I loved how Jen developed his character in this book.  Nobody trusts him after what he did in the previous books, and I don’t blame them, but it’s obvious Seth is truly sorry for what he did and is ready to do whatever it takes to make up for the horror he helped cause. He and Alex still have that connection – that feeling that they’re each other’s other halves, despite not having any romantic feelings toward each other. I loved the two of them together, how they helped each other just by being around each other. Apollyon love for the win!

Then of course there is the amazing relationship between Aiden and Alex. These two were just sizzling on the page. They depend on each other, they are strengthened by each other’s presence, and both will do whatever it takes to keep the other safe. The depth of their love, the sacrifices they will make are just extraordinary.

There’s not much else I can say about this book without spoiling anything, and trust me, you don’t want to be spoiled for the ending of this book. It totally blew me away. I thought I knew what was going to happen, that Jen was going to take the safe and easy happy ending, but I was so wrong! She stuck with her gods theme that totally worked.

While I won’t say that this is my favourite series of Jen, I definitely can’t say she didn’t do an amazing job with it. It has amazing, unique characters and sexy and kickass scenes that’s filled with laughs and tears. Definitely give this a shot if you love paranormal YA that puts a smile on your face.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, this book! THE ENDING!!! I did not see it coming at all! I was super glad to see that Seth was on The Army of Awesome, and not on Team Bad Guys. His character development was so good! Now that you're done this series, it's time for you to move on to Seth's spin off series :)
    As usual, fantastic review, Sinead! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that the ending was so shock-tastic, it made it that much better!! Seth is just the best, I can't wait to read The Return, eek! :D Thanks so much Erika! xxx :)

      Delete

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x