Search This Blog

Thursday 17 September 2015

Thursday Quotables 8: Shatter Me



Welcome to Thursday Quotables! This feature is the place where you highlight a great quote, line or passage you've discovered in a book you're currently reading. Whether it's something heart-warming, heart-breaking, funny or inspiring, Thursday Quotables is where my favourite line(s) of the week will be, and I invite you to join in! It's hosted by Lisa at BookShelf Fantasies, so be sure to check her out :)

The book I'm reading this week is Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. It's the first in a trilogy about a girl with a mysterious power so that anyone she touches gets really hurt, and one man trying to exploit that and turn her into a monster. It's really interesting and I think the description is amazingly well written.

13455782

"Hope is hugging me, holding me in its arms, wiping away my tears and telling me that today and tomorrow and two days from now I will be just fine and I'm so delirious I just might believe it."

I love that this quote makes our hero question the possibility of hope even though she has never had any reason to.

"It's nearly impossible to beat gravity when no one is willing to give you a hand."

Does it ever feel like the entire world is crushing your soul and spirit and everyone is just there watching but not helping in the slightest?  

Have you read this book? What quotes grasped your heartstrings this week? Let me know in the comments below!

7 comments:

  1. Great quotes :D They make you think a little bit too don't they? I really like the first one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is so quotable and you're right, they do make you think? I do too, especially as she's never had a reason to hope before!

      Delete
    2. Really? Aww! I feel so sorry for her now! Makes sense though with he quotes x

      Delete
  2. The first one really pulls you in. Great quotes. I tried reading this book but couldn't make it through. I should give it another try.

    Carrie @ The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The writing is a little different but I would definitely try reading it again as it has really amazing writing and characters. Will be posting a review soon :)

      Delete
  3. The writing in the Shatter Me series is so stunning, there are so many quotable moments and you picked 2 of my favourites <3 I love how they make you think

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/announcement-etsy-shop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? I could've put way more quotes in if I could, lol! I love that they make you think too :)

      Delete

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x