Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Two Year Blogging Anniversary!


Hey guess what? I remembered this last Friday, and intended to make a post of it, and then the actual day (8th of May) came around, and I was so busy that I forgot! But hey, life is hectic. Anyway, anniversary post!

https://germanamericanabroad.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/blog-year-2.jpghttps://i0.wp.com/www.healthyandrelaxedhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/2-years-blogging.png
  
So, yes, yesterday, officially, my little blog turned two!

 While two isn't as big a deal as the first anniversary, or even as impressive as other blogs out there, it's still something I'm so, so proud of! This little corner of the internet has become so important to me. Being able to express how much I love books, talk about OTP's and upcoming releases with other bloggers... it's been fantastic. In the last two years I've met some amazing people (some I talk to daily, even if they're halfway across the world), who share my interests, and learn more and more about what it takes to keep a blog up to date and improving my posts all the time. Two years later and this has still been one of the best decisions I have ever made, and it has helped keep my love of books alive and always challenge myself.

Unfortunately, I have no giveaway or contest for you guys, just this post, and my absolute gratitude and love. If you guys weren't around, I know I wouldn't have the motivation to blog as much as I do. While I don't have as many followers as other blogs do, I'm happy with this small circle of followers I do have. It's been a wild ride, and I cannot wait to see what Year 3 brings me!

So what did I accompish in the last year?

- I updated the blog's design a little and changed the font and arrangement. I may still not have an avatar or anything cool like that, but I love my simple design and I'm really happy with it.
- I got in contact with a publisher of one of my favourite authors, Jennifer L Armentrout, and for the entirety of 2016 I got ARCs of all of Jen's books that she released that year! It was such a proud achievement for me.
- I also have received loads of requests for authors to read their books, and I can't even tell you how many I've read in the last year! It's one of the best things about being a blogger.
- I made some amazing new friends who all share my interests in authors and genres, and we constantly keep up to date with what we're all reading. We were going crazy waiting for the release of A Court of Wings and Ruin, and we plan on buddy-reading that book soon! So watch this space for that review!

And that's it! I know it's not as impressive as other blogs, but this is mine, my baby, and that means I love it no matter what. Who knows what this next year is going to bring?

 http://68.media.tumblr.com/42ee251608e119f1ef72622d5d461bf9/tumblr_nvywyxjlZg1qejhejo3_500.gif

7 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary all the same!! Two years is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jessica!! I agree, such a proud milestone :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Blogaversary Sinead! Our blog is almost exactly the same age! Isn't blogging so much fun? I'm so glad that we stumbled in the same corner of the internet - your blog is so colorful and fun to read! I hope all the best for your next year!

    Caroline @ Just Another Bookish Blog <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Caroline! I totally agree, blogging is the best! I'm even doing this instead of studying for an exam I have later today, so that's how much I love it, haha :) I hope you have an amazing third year as well!

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogging Aniversary, Sinead! How time flies ~ ~ But it's crazy how much we're able to accomplish in such a short time! Your blog is as fantastic as ever, and I'm certain this next year will make it even better! You have so much to be proud of, girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much!! I love you for saying that xxxx

      Here's hoping the next year will be just as amazing!!

      Delete

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x